Financial Product Manager
TRG Screen is a growing, dynamic, software company providing spend management software solutions that enable enterprises to optimize their entire universe of corporate subscriptions, recurring expenses and vendor relationships. We have over 300 clients across the financial services, legal and professional services industries. Weee were founded in 1998, have been profitable since our inception, and are backed by private equity firm Pamlico Capital. We are a global business with 120 employees, headquartered in New York, with offices in London, the Netherlands and Minneapolis.TRG Screen’s products for the financial market include:
- FITS & INFOmatch – subscription spend tracking platforms for contracts, invoicing and inventory
- ResearchMonitor – track and report on usage of web-based research resources, store passwords and track end-user usage costs
- DART – track and analyse usage of Bloomberg Professional terminals
Reporting to TRG Screen’s Chief Product Officer, the Product Manager will be responsible for developing our products to meet the needs of our financial industry customers and addressing new challenges and opportunities for this market.
The Product Manager will partner with TRG Screen clients to understand their workflows, pain points and areas of opportunity, and translate those needs into business requirements. They will closely partner with the TRG Screen’s Development teams to ensure that the products we deliver address our clients’ needs.
This role is responsible for guiding products through the whole product development lifecycle, from idea generation and requirements capture, through development, delivery and successful deployment. This role provides the critical connection between our clients and our internal TRG Screen functions (Development, Support etc.) to ensure everyone has a full understanding of the client environment.
This role is based in either London or New York. Some international travel will be required.
- Product Requirements & Design
- Understand the current and future needs and requirements for external clients and internal stakeholders
- Design and specify new product features
- Build business cases for new features and enhancements
- Help define and support TRG Screen’s product strategy and contribute to product roadmap definition
- Create specifications of requirements and user interface design requirements to development
- Perform Product Owner role (in agile development methodology) and be point-person for the Development team for questions during implementation
- Acceptance testing of new features vs requirements, documentation of acceptance test cases
- Write documentation for new features (such as in the product release notes)
- Monitor progress against roadmap
- Assist revenue team with technical pre-sales (for specialist product features, high profile clients, etc.)
- Competitor research: monitor competitor news and releases, maintain matrix of TRG Screen product functionality vs our competitors
- Creation of product marketing collateral (in conjunction with the marketing team)
- Internal support and training
- Become, and be, an expert in FITS, INFOmatch, ResearchMonitor and DART
- Internal cross-training of new features
- Assist Client Services and Revenue teams with functionality enquiries
- Domain knowledge of financial market data subscription management within the financial services industry
- Familiarity with legal research & information resources from Bloomberg, Refinitiv, FactSet, etc. Knowledge of adjacent legal information services from Thomson Reuters Westlaw, Law360, Wolters Kluwer a plus
- Strong communicator and relationship builder (internal and external) including whiteboarding etc.
- Experience with (user-facing) software design, writing up designs to hand over to a development team
- Strong task, project management and delegation skills
- The ability to say no — and to explain why
- Strategic mindset
- The ability to speak and understand multiple constituents’ languages
- Ability to create concise documentation (enough information to tell the story, not too much that the narrative gets lost)
To apply for this position please send a resume plus a covering letter indicating your suitability for the role highlighting relevant experience, and desired salary. Non-citizens should provide details of their work authorization or visa status.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com.