Legal Product Manager
TRG Screen is a growing, dynamic, software firm which provides spend management software solutions enabling enterprises to gain total cost transparency and control of their entire universe of corporate subscriptions, recurring expenses and vendor relationships. We have over 300 clients across the financial services and legal industries. We’re small (about 100 people) but stable: we were founded in 1998, profitable since our inception, and backed by major private equity firm Pamlico Capital. We’re headquartered in New York, with offices in London, Minneapolis and the Netherlands.TRG Screen’s products for the legal market include:
- ResearchMonitor – track and report on usage of web-based research resources, store passwords and track end-user usage costs back to client matter codes
- Quest – request management system for legal library research enquiries
- INFOmatch – subscription spend tracking platform for contracts, invoicing and inventory
Reporting to TRG Screen’s Chief Product Officer, the Product Manager will be responsible for developing our products to meet the needs of our legal industry customers and addressing new challenges and opportunities for this market.
The Product Manager will partner with TRG Screen clients to understand their workflows, pain points and areas of opportunity, translate those needs into business requirements. They will closely partner with the TRG Screen Development team to ensure that the products we deliver address our clients’ needs.
This role is responsible for guiding products through the whole product development lifecycle, from idea generation and requirements capture, through development through delivery and successful deployment. This role provides the critical connection between our clients and our internal TRG Screen functions (Development, Support etc.) to ensure everyone has a full understanding of the client environment.
Upcoming projects include designing new intelligence and automation capabilities for Quest and, reviewing our present reporting capabilities in ResearchMonitor against our clients’ needs and designing the next generation of reporting functionality.
This role is based in New York City at TRG Screen’s headquarters (near Grand Central Terminal).
- Product Requirements & Design
- Requirements gathering (with internal and external clients)
- Design and specify new product features
- Build business cases for new features and enhancements
- Help define and support TRG Screen’s product strategy and contribute to product roadmap definition
- Create specifications of requirements and user interface design requirements to development
- Perform Product Owner role (in agile development methodology) and be point-person for the Development team for questions during implementation
- Acceptance testing of new features vs requirements, documentation of acceptance test cases
- Write documentation for new features (such as in the product release notes)
- Monitor progress against roadmap
- Assist revenue team with technical pre-sales (for specialist product features, high profile clients, etc.)
- Competitor research: monitor competitor news and releases, maintain matrix of TRG Screen product functionality vs our competitors
- Creation of product marketing collateral (in conjunction with the marketing team)
- Internal support and training
- Internal cross-training of new features
- Be internal “expert” for product, assisting Client Services and Revenue teams with functionality enquiries
- Domain knowledge of legal libraries and legal research & knowledge management
- Familiarity with legal research & information resources from Lexis Nexis, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Wolters Kluwer, etc.
- Strong communicator (internal and external) including whiteboarding etc.
- Experience with (user-facing) software design, writing up designs to hand over to a development team
- Strong task and project management and delegation skills
- The ability to say no — and to explain why
- A tight focus on strategy — and not on putting out fires
- The ability to speak and understand multiple constituents’ languages
- Ability to create concise documentation (enough information to tell the story, not too much that the narrative gets lost)
To apply for this position please send a resume plus a covering letter indicating your suitability for the role, highlighting relevant experience, and desired salary. Additionally, applicants who are not US citizens should provide details of their visa and work authorization status.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com.